Our science curriculum ensures continuity and progression from Foundation Stage to Year 6. Additionally it will:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science investigations that help children to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- equip children with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
Throughout our primary science curriculum we will teach about:
- Living things and their habitats, plants, animals including humans
- Everyday materials, properties and changes of materials
- Seasonal changes
- Forces and magnets
- States of matter
- Earth and Space
- Evolution and Inheritance
Details about the coverage and expectations for each year group can be found below.