Geography Coordinator – Miss Parkin
Our Geography curriculum teaches children to:
- Develop an understanding of the world around them, locally and beyond the local area.
- Understand geographical similarities and differences through the study of human and physical geography
- Understand the relationships between people and the environment they live in
- Practically utilise taught geographical skills; such as map work, use of compasses and observations, to enhance their place knowledge
- Question, reflect and evaluate to gain a better understanding of cause and consequence of the world
- Communicate geographical information in a variety of ways, including through maps, numerical and quantitative skills and writing at length