Welcome to our Ethos Group
What is the Ethos Group?
A new Ethos Group is elected each year, with every class from Year 3 to Y6 nominating representatives. This creates a central group from KS2. This group works hard to:
- support our school in developing our Christian distinctiveness
- promote our Christian values
- try hard to develop our spirituality within school
- meet with Miss Lowe every fortnight to dicsuss aspects of our school’s commitment to our Christian ethos and school values
- work with other adults to develop positive working relationships
- ask pupils their opinion about our school values and worship
- help plan collective worship and take an active role in collective worship
Who are the Ethos Group representatives?
Our ethos group is made up of 2 representatives from each class from Year 3 to Year 6. All ethos group representatives are elected by their peers at the beginning of each academic year.
Photographs coming soon ....
Our school 'Mission' and 'Vision'
Our mission at Chorlton C of E is: 'An adventure for the mind and a home for the heart'
Our vision at Chorlton C of E is: ‘Loving to learn; learning to love’
‘You show love for others by truly helping them, and not by merely talking about it.’
(1 John 3. 18 CEV)
What do we aim to do this year
In 2022 the ethos group aim to do the following:
- start leading Collective Worship now they are back in the hall (after Covid restrictions)
- refresh the Prayer Tree
- undergo learning walks to look at how distinctive our school is as a church school
- develop reflective areas around school – keep them fresh and updated
What have we achieved